Operations Manual v1.0
April 7, 2019
From: Chief Pilot To: All BAW Pilots
Ref: Manual Usage
- Use of all manuals provided by BAW (British Virtual Airways) are restricted to use only within BAW operation.
- This operations manual gives you basic requirements for operations.
- For further reading and more detailed operational constraints please see company flight manuals for aircraft specific flows, profiles and limitations.
- All members of BAW are dedicated to making the most realistic and advanced technological virtual airline possible while maintaining a fun and social environment.
- Any and all suggestions/errors for manual changes please send those to firstname.lastname@example.org
This manual is designed to provide guidance for all pilots and staff of British Virtual Airways (BAW). It details how BAW operates in all matters, with the exception of specific company flight manuals which are published severalty and may contain more restrictive operations.
This manual is approved in accordance of the Director of Flight Operations. All BAW employees, staff and management are required to carry out operations in accordance with the regulations set forth. Failure to comply may result in penalties, fines up to and including dismissal from the airline.
British Virtual's mission is to create and maintain a realistic virtual airline simulation experience in a responsible and respectful fashion. Our goal is to promote flight simulator and the virtual airline community. In order to uphold our high standards, British Virtual members or "pilots", are required to abide by our codes of conduct outlined in Chapter 3. Failure to do so will result in an immediate termination from this airline.
Summary of changes
V1.0 – Original approval of manual
• You must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
• You must own a licensed copy of a Flight Simulator, we support FSX, P3D and X-Plane.
• You must have an active email account that you can access on a regular basis.
• You will be required to pass a basic entry examination.
• You agree to be bound by the regulations in this manual plus all NOTAMS, memo’s and other Company provided manuals.
• You will be required to complete at least one trip pairing per calendar month.
New hire pilots are required to submit an application using the current application form on the company website. You will be asked to provide at a minimum, your full name, your personal email address, year of birth and your country of residence. You will also be asked to complete an entry exam which contains some basic aviation and company specific questions. You will also be asked to select your preferred crew base at this point in the application, these will be awarded based on seniority and company need.
Once the Human resources department approves your application you will receive and onboarding email that contains your employee number (BAW####) and a temporary password that will allow you access to iCrew, our flight operations website. Once you are logged into iCrew change your password immediately within the Settings > Password page.
Within 24 hours of approval you will receive your first contact from Flight Operations who will ask you if you have any questions and help you with any of the basics of getting started. Once your questions have been answered you’ll be considered a Probationary Pilot released to the Regional Fleet.
To remove yourself from the probationary pilot pool complete one trip pairing within the first 14 days from your application. If you fail to complete a pairing within the 14 day period your account will be terminated and you will be required to reapply after a cool off period to be determined on a case by case basis.
Your employee number and password for iCrew is the same details used to access our forums within iCrew.
Code of Conduct
BAW employees hold ourselves to the highest standard of conduct and professionalism, both within the airline and within the wider online flying community. One of our core values is fair treatment and we strive for an environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
Any reported occurrence of inappropriate behavior by an employee (either online or between members) may result in suspension, downgrade or termination from BAW.
Any falsification of information, especially a name or email address to hide one’s identity is grounds for immediate termination of account and a complete and total future ban of membership to BAW.
FAV’s forums and Discord channels are provided by the airline for support and communication between members, they may be used for a airline business, flight simulation and all things aviation. You are expected to use them in a professional manner and treat others with dignity and respect.
Forum Use Guidelines
• You may not post anything about another virtual airline
• You may not post adverts for other VA’s or events sponsored by other VA’s
• You many not post anything not aviation related in the general forum area.
• Non-aviation related posts, except those that are further restricted within this
manual should be posted in the off-topic area.
• Sensationalism of aircraft accidents is not permitted, speculations and overall
participation in Monday morning quarterbacking an accident are not permitted. A factual discussion with NTSB reports or other creditable sources are permitted for educational purposes.
• Posting of links to copyrighted materials must first be approved with the copyright holder, then a member of BAW staff.
• Posting of commercial merchandise for sale is forbidden, this does not include selling of personally owned items such as flight simulator hardware sold on a non- commercial single transaction.
• No posts criticizing British Airways or any of it’s wholly owned companies or contractors.
Prohibited Conduct in All Communications
• Offensive language directed at any employee in any medium.
• Pornographic links or materials.
• Any posts that appear to be the sale of a commercially available product. This doesn’t preclude a member providing a review of an available product. However those reviews deemed to be more sale based by staff will be deleted.
• Debates or remarks that ma offend a pilots’ religious or local beliefs.
• Links to pirated software, patches, cracks, torrents that allow access to payware software illegally.
• Any politically motivated posts.
• At the discretion or the staff any post that is considered no contributory to the
general population of the community.
When flying online with either IVAO or VATSIM, communications are to be in a professional, courteous manner. Reports from those networks will be treated with the utmost confidence. They may result into discipline up to and including termination.
Communication with staff members is subject to the same standards applied to forum posting. Emails and iMails deemed to violate any of the above standards will be deemed inappropriate and result in disciplinary action up to termination.